“How do I send and create issues via email?”
Well, there’s two ways to create issues via email. You can send issues directly to your DoneDone account by using the email address specified in the Project Settings page of a specific project. Just look under the Create Issues Via Email section for the address and follow these steps to create issues:
- From address: Must match the Account Email Address you are using for your DoneDone account. So if you’re using your work email for DoneDone, be sure to email the issue in from your work email. You can change your email address on your profile page.
- Email subject: The title of the created issue.
- First line of email body: The account email address of the person you want to assign the issue to.
- Second line of email body: Priority level of the issue (e.g. Low, Medium, High, or Critical)
- Remainder of email body: The description of the issue.
- File attachments: Any attachments will be included on the issue as well.
Alternatively, you can use the project’s Public Issues email address to send in issues. Public Issues allow anyone, not just people in your DoneDone account, to send in issues. It’s a perfect fit for customer support or anonymous feedback. Emails sent or forwarded to the Public Issues email address do not require any specific format.
- From address: Once a public issue has been emailed and processed, you can reply directly to the submitter’s from address within DoneDone.
- Email subject: The title of the created public issue.
- Email body: The description of the public issue.
- File attachments: Any attachments will be included on the public issue as well.
If you submit an issue using Public Issues, it will default to the pre-defined default fixer, default tester, and default priority. These settings can be updated and set on a per-project basis via each project’s Public Issues Settings page.